Work with Helping Hands Healthcare
At Helping Hands Healthcare, we pride ourselves on being the GTA’s premier healthcare staffing agency. Serving more hospital partners in the GTA than any other staffing organization, one of our main objectives is to be the preferred choice for nurses and personal support workers so that we are able to provide our clients exemplary service. Our team of healthcare professionals are highly satisfied with the work arrangements they have with Helping Hands, our open door policy and the ability to maintain an enjoyable work, life balance.
Helping Hands Healthcare wants to ensure you work where and when you want to work. During our hiring process we work with you in order to determine your preferred locations and shift times. We always need healthcare professionals, so even if you don’t see positions open in your area, apply anyway.
We accept all resumes for our hospital partners across Toronto & the GTA. We have recently added Grand River Hospital in the Kitchener Waterloo area and are looking for several new staff to serve this location. Please use our resources below to submit your resume to our human resources team.
Helping Hands Healthcare Canada
Southern Ontario Medical Facilities
Full-time, Part-time or Casual Staff
We are currently looking for highly professional, experienced Registered Nurses (Med/Surg).
- Active registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proof of PLP as mandated by the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario
- Able to work with persons with Infectious Diseases
- BCLS/ACLS Certificate
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- Proof of current immunizations for Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (MMRV) proof of negative TB skint test within one (1) year
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test Certificate
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Minimum of 1 year working acute care experience
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Shift Scheduling Requirements:
- Must be available for “urgent or last minute” shifts, scheduled within 2 hours of shift start time.
- Must be able to work the flexible shift times, depending on the facility; eight (8) or twelve (12) hours in length.
- Must be able to ‘float’ from unit to unit within a hospital, depending on facility need.
- Must be available to work all shifts – days, evenings & nights – including weekdays, weekends & statutory holidays.
- Required to work two (2) weekends per month.
- Must be reliable (once availability is given) to be placed at an agreed upon facility/unit.
- Must be in compliance with the Helping Hands Healthcare shift acceptance/cancellation policy (provided for review upon hiring).
Responsibilities May include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care.
- Follow the policies and procedures set out by the facility.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills & excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
What We Offer:
- Competitive rates and incentives.
- Variety of available shifts across the GTA and surrounding areas – in Hospitals, as well as LTC & other facilities.
- Continuous Clinical Education & Support.
- Flexible scheduling.
For over 20 years Helping Hands Healthcare has been known for the quality and care our staff demonstrates, along with our responsiveness to our client’s needs. Since 1997, Helping Hands Healthcare has been determined to redefine the meaning of personal care and hospital staffing with our Patient and Client-Centred Models.
We are known for our exceptional responsiveness, compassionate approach and dedication to outstanding care, as recognized by our Exemplary Standing Award given to us by Accreditation Canada.
More Hospitals, More Shifts.
Helping Hands Healthcare continues to have more Hospital Partners than any other healthcare staffing agency in Southern Ontario. This provides you with more shifts to choose from, allowing you the most schedule flexibility in the industry.
Exceptional Work Culture.
Our staff loves working with us and we love working with them! We recognize and reward our employees for their great work and commitment to Helping Hands Healthcare, our Clients and Nursing as a Profession. Our ongoing communication initiatives are based on fair treatment of workers, dignity, respect and loyalty.
Continuing Educational Opportunities.
Helping Hands fosters and encourages continuous learning. We offer several different educational opportunities both online, and in orientation sessions for all of our healthcare staff.
There is nothing better than making your own schedule; that’s one of the many benefits of Helping Hands unique elect-to-work arrangement. It’s simple, you tell us when and where you want to work, and we ensure your preferences reflect your schedule. We make sure that we offer you the best variety of shifts so you can always work when it’s best for you!
Competitive Compensation Packages.
The Helping Hands Healthcare team hires only the best Nurses and Personal Support Workers. We offer excellent and very competitive compensation packages for all of our valued healthcare staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Helping Hands Healthcare hires Registered Nurses and Personal Support Workers for temporary work assignments as well as Administrative Staff to work in the local Mississauga office.
Helping Hands welcomes the following professionals to apply:
- Specialty Registered Nurses with experience in Critical Care (ICU, CVICU, CCU), , NICUEmergency, and Post-Anesthetic Units.
- Registered Nurses with experience in Medical/Surgical, Rehabilitation, Surgery, Complex Continuing Care (CCC), Mental Health, Maternal Child Care, Paediatrics, and Obstetrics Units.
- Registered Practical Nurses experienced in Medical/Surgical, Complex Continuing Care (CCC), Rehabilitation, and Mental Health Units.
- Personal Support Workers with experience in Personal Care and Constant Care
- Office Administrators and Staffing Coordinators.
“Elect-to-work” is one of the greatest benefits of working with Helping Hands Healthcare. It means that you work whenever you want to work, giving you full autonomy over your work schedule.
We offer shifts on weekends, weekdays, days, evening, and nights, allowing you full flexibility with your schedule.
- Click the “Apply Now” Button below to submit your Resume and application for review.
- Following your submission, our team at Helping Hands Healthcare will review your application promptly.
- Once we have determined your qualifications are the type we require, we will contact you and be asked to fill out additional documents and submit copies of your credentials if necessary, then we will schedule an in person interview.
- Following the interview, we will review your credentials and decide if you would be a good fit for Helping Hands Healthcare.
- Should you be hired, we determine together which hospitals, units or private care geographical areas you would like to work in.
It can be stressful to start a new job, so the team at Helping Hands Healthcare will try to make sure this transition is as smooth as possible for you.
First, you will be sent to orientation at the units you will be working in so you can familiarize yourself with your new working environment.
Following orientation, you will be asked to be sure your availability is up to date so our staffing coordinators can schedule you accordingly at your chosen units.
We always look for new and innovative educational opportunities that will challenge and inspire you to be the best healthcare professional you can be.
Whether these are on-line educational training sessions, webinars, educational opportunities or self-learning packages, we always keep you informed and up-to-date on the latest medical news and practices.
Additionally, Helping Hands Healthcare, in cooperation with our clients, will organize orientation sessions so that you can become familiar with your work environments upon being hired.
Firstly, you speak with the Nurse in Charge. Then immediately following, call Helping Hands Healthcare at 905-285-0202.
We are here to answer all of your questions, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Send Us A Message
We are here to answer any questions you may have about Helping Hands Healthcare, including careers. Reach out to us and we’ll respond as soon as we can. You can also email us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.