Please review all of our detailed job descriptions below before you apply. We are looking forward to reviewing your resume and application and hopefully meeting you in the future.
Helping Hands Healthcare Canada
Southern Ontario Medical Facilities
Full-time, Part-time or Casual Staff
We are currently looking for highly professional, experienced Registered Nurses (Med/Surg).
- Active registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proof of PLP as mandated by the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario
- Able to work with persons with Infectious Diseases
- BCLS/ACLS Certificate
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- Proof of current immunizations for Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (MMRV) proof of negative TB skint test within one (1) year
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test Certificate
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Minimum of 1 year working acute care experience
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Shift Scheduling Requirements:
- Must be available for “urgent or last minute” shifts, scheduled within 2 hours of shift start time.
- Must be able to work the flexible shift times, depending on the facility; eight (8) or twelve (12) hours in length.
- Must be able to ‘float’ from unit to unit within a hospital, depending on facility need.
- Must be available to work all shifts – days, evenings & nights – including weekdays, weekends & statutory holidays.
- Required to work two (2) weekends per month.
- Must be reliable (once availability is given) to be placed at an agreed upon facility/unit.
- Must be in compliance with the Helping Hands Healthcare shift acceptance/cancellation policy (provided for review upon hiring).
Responsibilities May include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care.
- Follow the policies and procedures set out by the facility.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills & excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
What We Offer:
- Competitive rates and incentives.
- Variety of available shifts across the GTA and surrounding areas – in Hospitals, as well as LTC & other facilities.
- Continuous Clinical Education & Support.
- Flexible scheduling.
For over 20 years Helping Hands Healthcare has been known for the quality and care our staff demonstrates, along with our responsiveness to our client’s needs. Since 1997, Helping Hands Healthcare has been determined to redefine the meaning of personal care and hospital staffing with our Patient and Client-Centred Models.
We are known for our exceptional responsiveness, compassionate approach and dedication to outstanding care, as recognized by our Exemplary Standing Award given to us by Accreditation Canada.